10″ & 12″ Dust Directors
$420.00 – $600.00
Aluminum Dust Director? Guard with Complete Blade Visibility & Over 96% Dust Containment Efficiency ~
10″ Dust Director?
- 10″ Blade Capacity
- 3-1/4″ Depth-of-Cut
- Weight, w/ 15 Amp Grinder, 10″ Guard, Loop Handle, 10″ Blade: 12.6 lbs.
Extremely Lightweight, Soft Start Motor
12″ Dust Director?
- 12″ Blade Capacity
- 4-1/4″ Depth-of-Cut
- Weight, w/ 15 Amp Grinder, 12″ Guard, Loop Handle, 12″ Blade: 17.9 lbs.
High Torque, No Electronics Grinder
Are You In Compliance?
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
The Dust Director? has been used and has figured prominently in just about every silica dust control study since its inception in 2001.
This includes the Dust Director’s acknowledgement in OSHA’s Final Rule (read it here): Requirement of dust control to keep workers from breathing silica dust – Effective 23 June 2016.
Final Rule – Required CFM Ratings
Is your vacuum in compliance? Does it have enough CFM?
* To comply with OSHA’s Standard one of your first steps is to select a vacuum or cyclone that has enough CFM to handle your wheel’s diameter. Use the chart and information below to help you select the model that has enough CFM.
Director? Models – CFM Rating
– CFM Rating
– CFM Rating
– 130DD1200 – 140CP1200 – 160DD2000 – 260DD2000S – 260DD2400 – 318DD3900 – 447
– 270C2400SD – 315C2400M – 315C2400B – 315C3900B – 340
|?*OSHA’s Required CFM Rating:? 25 CFM or greater per inch
of wheel diameter.
OSHA’s Silica Dust Exposure Law. Additional vacuum cleaner information & requirements. OSHA’s Final Rule Is NOW the Law. Are you in compliance?
Comparison. Are you using a common wet/dry shop vac for dust control?
Well Balanced. Both models are complete with Safety Loop Handle & Blade Visibility Window.
The saws feel good and safe in your hands.
The weight of a tool when cutting or grinding on a wall is always a concern for both operator safety and productivity. When using the saws on their side (horizontal cutting), the following features help to balance the saw’s weight:
- Safety Loop Handle for holding and operating the saw.
- The Guards themselves and Loop Handle are made of aircraft aluminum for Lightweight Durability.
- Blade Visibility Window provides the Operator with a Site Line during Sideways Cutting.
10″ Dust Director – Individual Features:
- Extremely Lightweight, Compact Saw — Net weight: 12.6 lbs. ~ Very nice, compact saw to work with, especially while horizontal or holding the saw sideways and cutting on walls.
- Soft start motor delivers more power.
- Depth-of-Cut, with 10″ blade: 3-1/4″.
- Complete 10″ Saw includes 10″ Dust Director Guard, Makita GA7011 angle grinder (15.0 Amp, 6000 RPM), safety loop handle, 3″ blade clamps (2).
- Over 98% Dust Containment Efficiency ~ when used with the Dust Director? 1-Motor DD1200 Vacuum. A higher containment percentage can be obtained when used with a 2 or 3-Motor Dust Director? Vacuum.
12″ Dust Director – Individual Features:
- High Torque, “No Electronics” Angle Grinder
- Depth-of-Cut using 12″ blade: 4-1/4″
- Complete 12″ Saw includes 12″ Dust Director Guard, Makita GA9060 angle grinder (15.0 Amp, 6,600 RPM), safety loop handle, 3″ blade clamps (2).
- GA9060 grinder’s protective zig-zag varnish seals the armature from dust and debris plus labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearing from dust and debris.
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
- Overall length: 18-5/8″, Net Weight:?17.9 lbs.
- Over 95% Dust Containment Efficiency ~ when used with the Dust Director? 1-Motor DD1200 Vacuum. Higher containment percentage when used with a 2 or 3-Motor Dust Director? Vacuum.
Applications & Efficiency of the 10″ & 12″ Dust Directors
10″ Dust Director?–The contractor here received a huge fine for polluting both the air and water.
On the same water project they started used the 10″ Dust Director?. And the field superintendent actually received accolades for purchasing the 10″ Dust Director? . . .
along with the DD1200 1-Motor Dust Director? Vacuum, equipped with a 12 gallon collection tank and 2″ x 25′ hose.
Masonry Cutting with the 10″ Dust Director?
Vertical & Horizontal Cutting
Diamond Blade Selections
My men absolutely love these saws…
It’s really lightweight (10″ Saw), they even started using them without the vacuum!
Masonry Restoration Contractors – Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; New York
I like the handle, it feels good…Do I have to hook-it-up to a vacuum to use it? Using this saw is far nicer than using our quickie saws…I love the blade…it cuts fast and smooth…it doesn’t jump…
Masonry Restoration Contractor, Pittsburgh, PA
Guard Only vs. Complete Kits
Just the Guards:
10″ Guard Kit includes: 10″ Guard, inner and outer blade flange nuts, loop handle, and hex nuts (2) for fastening the loop handle.
12″ Guard Kit includes: 12″ Guard, inner and outer blade flange nuts, loop handle, and hex nuts (2) for fastening the loop handle.
Complete Saw Kits
10″ Dust Director Saw Kit?includes: 10″ Guard, Makita GA7011 angle grinder (guard not attached to grinder as per product liability), inner and outer blade flange nuts, loop handle, hex nuts (2) for fastening the loop handle.
GA7011 GRINDER SPECIFICATIONS:
- 15 Amp, 6000 RPM, Overall Length: 17-7/8″, Net Weight: 7.5 lbs.
- Soft start motor delivers more power for increased performance
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load.
12″ Dust Director Saw Kit includes: 12″ Guard, Makita GA9060 angle grinder (guard not attached to grinder as per product liability), inner and outer blade flange nuts, loop handle, hex nuts (2) for fastening the loop handle.
GA9060 GRINDER SPECIFICATIONS:
- 15 Amp, 6600 RPM, Overall Length: 17-3/4″, Net Weight: 12.1 lbs.
- No Electronics, AC/DC — For use with generators
- Zig-Zap Protective Varnish Seals the armature from dust and debris plus labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearing from dust and debris.
Note: While these Dust Directors have been specifically designed to fit specific Makita saws, the attachment collars apparently (?) fit other brands of grinders as well, (per conversations with contractors.)
The 10″ Dust Director has been designed for the Makita 9″ GA7011 Angle Grinder.
The 12″ Dust Director has been designed to fit the Makita 9″ GA9060 Angle Grinder.
Product Liability, Safety Notice, Manufacturer's Warranty.
The Dust Director? is a viable component for use on an angle grinder to protect the operator, bystanders and the environment from the hazards of created airborne silica dust.
However, upon the buyer and/or user?s attachment of the Dust Director? to the angle grinder, such a modification may void the manufacturer?s warranty of the angle grinder particularly when an oversize blade is used.
Additionally, due to product liability insurance, the Buyer and/or User are now notified that by using the assembled “saw” they do so at their own risk, accept all risks, and indemnifies all parties associated with the Dust Director?.