18V Cordless Hedge Trimmer (Tool Only)
Product No. / SKU: XHU02Z
18V Hedge Trimmer.
Improved rubberized soft grip design for maximum user comfort.
Features a quick blade change, without having to disassemble the housing.
Electric brake for increased productivity.
Battery and charger sold separately.
- SPEED : Makita-built motor delivers 1,350 SPM for increased cutting speed
- CAPACITY : 22″ blade provides increased cutting capacity
- CONVENIENCE : Battery capacity warning system; motor stops and light goes on indicating battery needs recharging
- COMFORT : Weighs only 7.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- INCLUDES : Tool only (battery and charger not included)
Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the Makita 18V LXT? Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer (model XHU02Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the XHU02Z is a welcome solution for trimming applications.
The XHU02Z has a Makita-built motor that delivers 1,350 SPM and a 22 in. blade for increased cutting capacity. The XHU02Z will run up to 120 minutes on the low setting on a single charge using an 18V LXT? 4.0Ah battery (sold separately). Cordless technology also means lower noise, and at only 87 dB(A) the XHU02Z is 25% quieter than other cordless hedge trimmers.
It?s part of Makita?s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world?s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls?. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT? and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,350 SPM for increased cutting speed
- Anti-vibration design (five cushions within the motor housing) helps minimize vibration
- Lower noise level at only 87 dB(A) for operator comfort
- 22″ blade provides increased cutting capacity
- Battery capacity warning system; motor stops and light goes on indicating battery needs recharging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 38″ long
- Weighs only 7.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- 2-handed operation; motor is activated only when the switch and top handle are engaged
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Quick blade changes; no need to disassemble the housing
- Electric brake for increased productivity
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls? to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers