18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless 14 In. Chain Saw Kit (5.0Ah) and Brushless Angle Grinder
Product No. / SKU: XCU03PTX1
18V X2 BL Chain Saw Kit and Grinder.
Makita-built outer rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency equivalent to gas chain saw.
Variable speed trigger (0-3,940 FPM) for easy operation.
Built-in L.E.D. on/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off when operation is delayed for extended battery life.
Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries deliver power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT platform.
- POWER : Makita-built Outer Rotor BL? Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency
- SPEED : Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3,940 FPM) for improved cutting performance
- DESIGN : Compact rear handle design for operator comfort
- INNOVATION : “Tool-less” chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance
- INCLUDES : Includes 2 ea. 18V LXT? 5.0Ah batteries, dual port rapid charger and Brushless Angle Grinder
Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 LXT? (36V) Brushless Chain Saw. With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, it is a welcome solution for cutting and trimming applications. It?s powered by two 18V LXT? batteries for maximum power and run time, but without leaving the 18V battery platform. And with the efficient Makita outer rotor brushless motor with direct drive system, users get high power efficiency that is equivalent to a gas chain saw.
Model XCU03PTX1 is a kit and includes the Chain Saw, two fast-charging 18V LXT? Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries and an efficient 18V Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger. The kit also includes an 18V LXT? Brushless 4-1/2″ Angle Grinder, which is equipped with an efficient brushless motor and Automatic Speed Change? technology for corded grinding performance without the cord.
The Chain Saw has a 14? guide bar and the Makita-built motor with variable speed delivers 0-3,940 FPM for increased cutting speed, but with less noise (only 100dB(A)). It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there’s no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there’s no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pick it up, load two 18V LXT? Lithium-Ion batteries, and the saw is ready to use. Convenience features include a “tool-less” chain adjustments, a front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
It?s part of Makita?s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world?s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls?. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT? and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL? Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency equivalent to gas chain saw
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3,940 FPM) for improved cutting performance
- Built-in L.E.D. on/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off when operation is delayed for extended battery life
- Two 18V LXT? Lithium-Ion batteries deliver power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT? platform
- Built-in lock-off lever helps prevent the chain from accidentally engaging
- Front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged
- Compact rear handle design for operator comfort
- 14″ guide bar for increased capacity
- Low noise level and zero emissions for operator comfort
- “Tool-less” chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance
- Weighs only 11.5 lbs. with batteries for reduced operator fatigue
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT?) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Rubberized soft grip top handle is engineered for the user to more easily apply even cutting pressure
- Large oil filling port with view window allows operator to easily add and check bar oil level
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls? to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- L.E.D. battery indicators show charge level for each 18V LXT? battery
- 18V LXT? Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT? Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge compared to 3.0Ah battery BL1830
- 18V LXT? Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Dual Port Charger charges two (2) 18V LXT? Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries in only 45 minutes
- Dual Port Charger features a built-in USB port for charging portable electronic devices
- The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery?s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Built-in fan circulates air through the battery during the charging process to cool the battery for faster charge time.
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers