3″ Copper Transitional Pads
Professional Grade, Velcro Backing
3″ x 10mm Pad Height
- Flexible Polishing Pad for XL Life (8,000 – 10,000 sq. ft) while providing a Very Smooth Finish
- Copper bond semi-metal pads are designed for dry use to help transition from metal diamond tooling to resin bond diamonds.
- These are great long lasting pads with high production rates
- These pads can also be used if you do not want to use metal diamonds
- A+ for use on hard material
These pad are significantly more aggressive & provide longer life than the Resin pads. Depending on the initial condition of the floor, Hybrid Pads are generally used before Resin pads or after rough grinding with Metal Pads or Diamond Cup Wheels. The Hybrid pads actually start the polishing process as they begin to close the pores of the floor.
Hybrid Pads offer all the benefits of a smooth Resin pads but the advantages of longer life and the aggressiveness associated with Metal pads. After rough grinding with a Metal pad the scratch pattern typically cannot be removed by a Resin pad, Hybrid pads solve the problem. Additionally, their life is much longer than resin pads (50,000 to 65,000 sq. ft). These thicker pads (6mm – 9mm) are used on heavy weight machines such as our 21″ Propane Machine. They are not used on lightweight machines such as our 20″ Electric Floor Grinder or auto scrubbers. On these machines, use the same type of “resin” pad but 3mm in height.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Be the first to review “3″ Copper Transitional Pads”