Dust Ignition Protected Vacuum
Product No. / SKU: EXP-1200
Specifically designed for safe, easy and portable housekeeping. The low cost but powerful 1000 watt motor makes this model the practical choice to use daily for general housekeeping and plant maintenance. Dust Ignition Protected Legally Certified for use in Class II – Division 2 – Groups F & G Locations.
Combustible dust / explosive conditions DO EXIST AT YOUR FACILITY!
Customers who bought this item also bought:
10 Gallon, 120 volt, 11.0 amp motor, 110 CFM, 125″ water lift. HEPA Filtration for vacuuming dry / moist debris. Size: 17″ x 40″, 52 lbs.
Equipped as follows:
- 2″ Inlet Port w/ 2″ Hose Reducer Cuff
- 1.5″ x 10′ Static Dissipating Hose
- 1.5″ x 27″ (2 pcs.) Stainless Steel Wands
- 1.5″ x 12″ Floor Brush with Conductive Bristles
- 1.5″ x 11″ Crevice Tool
- 1″ x 6″ Dusting Hand Tool
- 1″ Conical Angle Brush with Conductive Bristles
- Conductive Polyester Filter Collection Bags (3)
- 15 Amp 120 Volt Ground Plug.
From ultra fine powders to general debris to even moist debris, 100% of the extracted debris is conveniently collected, sealed and contained in the disposal filter collection bags, which are made of a non-blinding conductive polyester filter media. HEPA filtration includes a washable main cloth filter and pre-filter.
Legally Certified Dust Ignition Protected to the Following Standard: Class II – Division 2, Groups F & G Locations.
Explanation of Standard [Class II, Division 2]: A combustible dust location is present due to abnormal dust accumulation during daily operations or when dust accumulations are not sufficient to interfere with the normal operations of electrical equipment.
For example: A shooting range may be considered a Division II location. When the guns are fired, most (if not all) of the gunpowder is spent. While there may be some small quantities of unspent gunpowder accumulation on the floor or in the air, it would fall under Division II.
OSHA estimates that over 30,000 U.S. facilities, in all types of industries, are at risk everyday for a major combustible dust explosion. The threat of an industrial explosion in your facility is very real.
Combustible dust can explode like gunpowder. If you let it build up it could blow you way . . .
And while you may not think of it as an explosive hazard, don’t underestimate its potentially devastating consequences . . .
For this reason OSHA recommends – and in some steps requires – that manufacturers use a Certified Explosion Proof Vacuum as part of their Regular Plant Maintenance or Housekeeping Program.
What Causes a Combustible Dust Explosion?
There is a risk of explosion when any five of the fire and explosion elements are present: fuel, oxygen, an ignition source (such as fire or electricity), dust in a cloud, confinement of that dust cloud (such as in a room or vessel.)
If you can eliminate the dust, you can eliminate the explosion hazard . . .
During plant maintenance, the traditional practice of sweeping or blowing will actually increase your chance of a combustible dust explosion.
What Are Some Ways to Reduce the Effects Should an Explosion Occur? Installing ventilation, using pressure-relief venting on equipment, using spark/ember detection and extinguishing systems, using explosion protection systems, sprinkler systems, and other specialized suppression systems.
One of the best, easiest and more cost effective ways to prevent a combustible dust explosion is to use a specialized or non-conductive, 100% grounded, industrial vacuum. However, in many cases, the vacuum itself could be the igniter (with its electrical motor, on/off switch, metal parts) that actually causes the explosion by producing a spark (electrical or static).
Simply put, when it comes to safe plant maintenance, not just any vacuum will do…
Protect Yourself from a Combustible Dust Explosion
Field-Proven, Legally Certified
Dust Ignition Protected
Explosion Proof Vacuum
All explosion / dust ignition proof vacuum cleaners must be used only with the factory authorized tools, accessories and filters. Any Substitution will render the warranty null and void and my result in bodily harm. ICS nor IPC Soteco will not assume any responsibility for damages which may occur from misuse or improper handling of these explosion proof vacuum cleaners.
As the vacuum cleaner supplier, ICS is refrained from making the determination as to whether a location is Division I or Division II. It is the responsibility of the end-user to make its own hazard analysis to determine the classification, possibly by conjunction with local health and safety authorities, your insurance company or other 3rd party consultants.
- Filter collection bags fill completely (to the tank’s inlet port) without incurring suction drop
- Outside of the bag stays clean, the inside of the tank stays clean – Suction performance is maintained
- While specifically designed for extracting ultra fine powders (without incurring suction drop), the conductive filter bags enables you to vacuum any type of dry to moist types of debris – even at the same time
- Equipped with dual HEPA Efficiency Filters located upstream and downstream of the motor for filtering the incoming cooling air and the outgoing exhaust air – providing full safety in most explosion risk areas, while ensuring top safety and comfort for the user.
- HEPA Filter, efficiency of 99.95% @ 0.3 microns – Tested: IEST RP-CC001.3. H14 by MPPS method as per EN 1822
North America: Each HEPA Filter ahs a minimum filtration efficiency of 99.99% on 0.3 micron. Tested as per IEST-RP-CC001.3 and OSHA compliant
Europe: Each HEPA Filter has a minimum filtration efficiency of 99.95% on 0.3 micron, rated H14 as per EN 1822 by MPPS method.
- Main and pre-filter cloth filters w/ stainless steel filaments, 1 micron efficiency, both filters are washable.
- Conductive Polyester Filter Collection Bags (3)